Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Before P90X Photos and yummy shake recipe!

Ok, well I am totally blown away by all of your wonderful comments on my shorts photo from yesterday's post. I honestly was not expecting such an uproar of praises. That just goes to show we don't always see ourselves the way others see us. So thank you all for your uplifting compliments. That was truly unexpected and awesome. But I will tell ya, a picture isn't a 360 degree rotation so there's some bumps on this road that the picture doesn't show! haha Maybe one day I will be brave enough to post some nudes (with ladybits blurred/blacked out of course). One day....

For those of you not familiar with the P90x program I have just begun, there is a fitness completion before you begin to test where you are at on the fitness spectrum. You are also supposed to take 6 before photos and then the same photos after each month (I think). Anyway I wanted to show you all something I discovered by taking these photos. My lowest low of 2010 was in July (177lbs). I broke that low this year at 175lbs. Basically I hovered within the same 10lbs for over 7 months. That really sucks and I have been down about that over and over again. Pretty sad that I haven't had more progress than that.

In your before photos you are supposed to wear as little clothing as possible so you can track your results. So I busted out my green bikini that the BFF bought me last summer for my bday. I wore this bikini on our river trip last July (at my lowest). I wasn't exercising much last year. So I wanted to show you what a difference exercise really makes. It is a subtle difference but it's there. I think the biggest difference is in my arms and the spare tire around my boobage that has somewhat shrunk. Basically a little toning can go a long way. Hopefully in 90 days when I have completed my first round of P90X, my after picture will be that much more noticeable.



I felt like complete crap yesterday but I got home and pushed myself to do Day 2 of my workout which was the PlyoX and it was CRAZY! It was 58minutes long and I did the whole thing, no pausing. By the end of it my face was beet red and according to my HR monitor I was well into the 140's (good for me). I was exhausted but damn it felt great. I made my post-workout protein shake which leads me to this awesome recipe I tried and LOVED! I'm sure some of you have already done a similar version if not the same but this was so good I just had to share it.

In a blender:

1 cup of ice
8oz cold water (or milk if you want it thicker)
1 small banana (or 1/2 of a large banana)
1 tbsp of nut butter (I used chocolate almond, but you can easily use peanut, cashew, hazelnut, etc)
1 scoop of Pure Protein in chocolate (sure this would be good with vanilla as well)
Blend until smooth and Enjoy!

I swear it tasted just like a banana split or chocolate covered bananas! Heavenly!!! The total calorie count for the one I made last night is 280 calories of goodness. Great meal replacement for me.

Well that's it for today. I don't remember what workout I'm doing tonight but I'm ready!!! woo hoo!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! You may not have lost many in lbs but you have lost serious inches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, BIG difference!! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I was MIA! Happy Bandiversary Sunshine! LOOKING HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on day 2!!! WOOHOO! Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GIRL YOU LOOK SO HOT!!! Once again- you look AMAZING. ;) I hope to be in a bikini one day myself...thanks for the inspiration...

    xo-

    D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a camera when you are ready....OMG..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh real effect of protein shake receipes is goona be seen dear :)....
    -protein shake receipes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! Appreciate it!