Thursday, February 18, 2010

Down another pound :)

I am very pleased to have accumulated a couple followers on my blog! Thank you all who joined me! I am just blown away that I am getting banded Wednesday!!!!! Freaking out! Everyone keeps asking me if I am nervous and I don't really know what to say about it. I don't really feel nervous so much as I feel fearful. I have never been in a hospital before and or under anesthesia. But I am more fearful that something will go wrong with the band, like slippage or something. I have been reading people's stories on the internet and alot of them have had issues with slippage and erosion and had to be unfilled for a while and on liquids and then possibly even have the band removed. That scares me a bit, that and I know it seems shallow based on all that I am doing this for but I am really worried about SCARS!!!! I do heal well, fortunately, but I am sooooo very afraid that these scars will be very noticeable. I would love to be back in a bikini some day. I can't find much on the net as far as before and after pictures go for scars so it worries me. But I just push that thought behind me because the band will be worth it!
I have been doing farely well on my pre op diet. I basically follow it like 95% of the time. I have had a few small cheats like last night I ate a couple ounces of cheddar cheese (I am a cheese-aholic!) hehe But I limit myself. But I have yet to cheat with carbs, which from what I have read, that is a plus. I just get so bored with the same old chicken and broccoli so last night I went the grocery store and got some mixed veggies to steam and some sugar-free popcicles and Jello to snack on (it's allowed). I bought a rotisserie style chicken breast for dinner last night and since the hubby is on nights I only cook for myself right now. I think I ate too much chicken!!! I am only allowed 4oz but I ate for like 7oz!!!! I was sooooo hungry.

I stepped on the scale this morning and I am down 1 more pound! 3 more to go to make my ten for pre op! yay. Thought I would put up some pics too! I want to have plenty BEFORE pics of me to compare to! So here's a few.
December 2008 in New Orleans Partying on Bourbon Street!
Me and my baby chi chi named Fancy in January 2009 first snow we saw in years!!!
Me at Kemah Boardwalk for my 23rd Bday June 2009
August 2009 at a bar for my friend Ashley's bday party!

4 comments:

  1. You are almost there girl. After jumping through all of the hoops, waiting, doctor's appointments, etc, it will all be worth it soon. As for the scars, they are worth it too. I have 4 tiny ones and 1 that is about 1/2in.(where my port is) They truly aren't that bad. A few scars are worth the sacrafice to be thin and healthy.
    You are a beautiful girl, stay true to you and work hard, it will all be worht it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your chin up, it will all be worth it in the end. You'll feel so good about yourself you won't even notice the scars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the weight loss. Looks like your surgery is 2 days after mine, we are getting very close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jess

    I was banded a week last Tuesday , and I had similar worries ( except the scars), it was also my first time under a GA and my first surgery.

    The first few days are a little uncomfortable , but it soon passes and now 10 days out I feel great , as will you do...

    Good luck on Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! Appreciate it!