Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pre-op Diet begins tomorrow...

Well alot has happened since my last post only a few short days ago. My grandmother went into the hospital last Thursday (same day as my preop tests). She means the world to me so I have been dealing with alot of stress and worry. She was in the ICU for 5 days with heart issues and many more issues but they moved her to a regular room last night and she is improving slowly. For a minute there I thought I might lost her and I am still terrified that it could be a possibility. So please keep her in your prayers if you read this. I am not ready to let her go, she has years and years to go, I believe. And unfortunately this difficult time is going to make it even harder to stick to a pre-op diet when I am so stressed. But I must remember why I am doing it and go with it.
The pre-op diet will consist of: 2 meal replacement protein shakes and 1 meal of 6 oz lean protein and unlimited green veggies, and 1 cup of fruit. I am also allowed sugar-free jello and fat-free pudding once a day as a snack or mixed with my protein drinks. I also have to exercise 3 days a week for 30 minutes.
It all starts tomorrow, so to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! Appreciate it!