Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Finally a chance to blog!!!

I haven't been around since last Thursday because work has been CRAZY! Just non-stop crap and my friend that I work with and I have been planning a haunted house for over a month now for the Volunteer Fire Dept in our town. Her dad is the asst. chief and put her in charge of creating a haunted house at the station and she asked me to team up with her to create this "masterpiece of fright". So we have been planning and planning and planning and along with coming up with all of the scenes and themes with her I also had to draw the blueprint/layout of the house for the fire team to build on and I created the flyers and the layout for the giant banner and signs and now I must make the signs for entrance and exit etc. VERY BUSY! I am also going to be an actress in the house. My room is the cemetary and I will be in a coffin covered with spiders and other creepy crawlies. It should be interesting. I am going to get plenty of pictures this weekend and will be posting them after!

Here are some pictures from over the weekend that I promised. In my last post I told everyone that I was going to my little brother's football game for his birthday.
He is number 32! So proud of him. They won the game 26:6!

Here I am the next day at my Mom's house. My sister fixed my hair so I snapped a shot of it.

Here is the dirt cake I made for Jusin. I spelled his name in neon gummy worms.
He LOVED it!

Update on weight: Well this is no excuse but the bank where I work has always carried Ozarka water bottles for employees to drink. All of a sudden last week they changed venders and ordered some nasty offbrand water. Well my husband works in a chemical plant and has told me numerous times about our local brand water that actually comes from runoff water from ditches, sewer systems, etc. that they filter several times and then bottle for selling. And guess what??? This was one of those brands. So I haven't been drinking water...at all at work and only about 1 bottle at home. And I have realized something....I CAN'T LOSE WEIGHT ANYMORE...without drinking water! So what did I replace water at work with? A Dr. Pepper a day! Yes, so now I am re-addicted to DP. GREAT! One more addiction I have to get past. So I broke down yesterday and got a 24 pack of Ozarka from the store and am keeping it at work until they start stocking Ozarka again.

Because of this lack of water and realizing that I can't lose without it I kind of strayed a bit on trying to count calories because I felt that it was pointless since I wasn't drinking my water every day. (What a lame excuse!) It hasn't been too bad but I haven't been making the wisest food choices. Like the other night I ate like 5 oreo cookies for dinner because I didn't feel like a regular meal. Then last night I ate a HUGE and I mean bigger than my hubby's foot huge, sandwich from Quiznos. And yeah it was wheat bread and turkey and veggies but the portion size was massive and it took me a good 3 hours to do it but I ate the whole damn thing!!!! haha... I am getting back on track today now that I got my water.

Daily menu:

Breakfast: Hot chai tea with french vanilla powder and 1 splenda. Peach greek yogurt with 1 tbsp walnuts
Lunch: 3 oz of eye of round super thin steaks sliced up and mixed into an asian medley steamed veggie blend (carrott, baby corn, broccoli, and water chesnuts) and some soy sauce.
Snack: 1 tangerine and a handful of blazing buffalo almonds
Dinner: Taco-less taco salad: lean ground hamburger meat with diced tomato, shredded cheese, lettuce and jalapenos...yum!

Haven't really been going to the gym because I have been so busy after work with shopping for the haunted house but I am going to jump right back in it after it's all over and done with!!!

Well that was a mouthful! Hope I didn't bore you all to death with my rambling...haha

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it strange what kind of things can get us off track? I'm glad you bought your own water and are getting back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to resist temptations. You doing a good job by buying water you know you'll drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pic - and yes my dear - I thought you said you'd be here every day. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! Appreciate it!