Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yadda Yadda Yadda

Ok. This is a quickie, I promise!

Today's menu:

Breakfast: Same as usual. Hot green tea with french vanilla coffeemate creamer powder and 1 splenda. Pomegranate yogurt
Lunch: grilled chicken salad with lettuce and tomato and a about 3 tbsp of ranch dressing. I also ordered 4 grilled garlic shrimp. I only ate about 1/3 of the salad and 2 of the shrimp. (Saved the rest for leftovers)
Snack: Atkins protein shake (chocolate)
Dinner: Maybe leftovers from lunch and a veggie?

Dessert: Fried oreo cookie!!!!
I know that's TERRIBLE, but the rodeo is in town for it's yearly events and it's like a city fair. We have rides and booths with great stuff to buy and of course the fair food. Funnel cakes, fried EVERYTHING (hell some of us down south would eat an old boot if it's fried! Luckily I'm not one of them!), sausage on a stick, icecream, crawfish etoufee, boudin balls etc etc. My one guilty pleasure at these events is the fried oreo cookies. They only give you 3 in one serving because it's probably enough fat and calories to kill a horse. But I only intend on eating one and giving the rest away. I looked it up and they are 98 calories each. Not too bad considering it's a fried cookie with powdered sugar on it! haha

Anyhoo that's it for now. I will try to take a picture of me enjoying my cookie tonight.

4 comments:

  1. We have deep fried butter and chocolate bacon at our fair...sounds sick (and I've never tried either one), but I bet it's actually pretty good. I only didn't try it this year because I never made it to the fair. But I would've! What's with that, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried the Oreo. Like Diz - we have fried butter....ack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I want to try a fried oreo! Not a huge sweet eater but that sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! Appreciate it!