Friday, June 11, 2010

Good Ideas and BYOC!

First, thanks Drazil for your wonderful idea about planning. I have half-assed planned it out before but I think the whole like dry erase board plan for the week is a great idea and I know it would save money because my lack of planning leaves me buying lunch at a different restaurant every day and sometimes dinner too and I spend like $20 a day on that!!!! Sad, I know. And I hear ya ladies, I gotta get it in gear. I have done fairly well today with my blueberry oatmeal and grilled flounder for lunch! :) So far so good.

Now time for BYOC:

1. What was your first pet?


The first I can remember well was my rotweiler puppy named Harley (after Harley Davidson). My mom and stepdad got him for me when I was about 7 or 8. And he was a ball of fur! The cutest thing ever. He ended up becoming my stepdad's dog though because he got too big for me at my Granny's house and he ended up living to be like 7 or 8 years old until he got sick and died. It broke my stepdad's heart.
 
2.  When did you lose your virginity?
 
I was 17 with then boyfriend, now husband! hehe Fun fun fun! Those were the days!
 
3 & 4 – I’m combining these two cuz this answer could be long. A follower (thanks Steph) asked if I could ask what a daily meal plan looks like for each of you – out of curiosity and out of possibly learning new foods to try.
 
Well, hehe! Let's see...this should be interesting because the only thing that is outlined for me daily is my breakfast. But on a good day this is about right:
 
Breakfast: Hot green tea, 1 tbsp of coffeemate creamer, 1 splenda
Maple and brown sugar oatmeal (recently started adding a handful of blueberries)
 
Lunch: Grilled veggies, grilled flounder, sm stuffed baked potato
 
Dinner: Leftovers from lunch
 
Now let's see what Jessica eats on a BAD day (like the day before yesterday!)
 
Breakfast: same as above
Lunch: Fried steak fingers (2) and cream gravy, ketchup, ranch dressing for dipping, steak fries, and a piece of buttered toast
Snack: 2 snack size almond joy candy bars
Snack: 1 slice of banana nut bread
Dinner: 2 ground beef and cheese enchiladas, refried beans, and mexican rice
Dessert: 1 slice of banana nut bread (different loaf....ha)
Dessert: Jello mousse cup
Dessert: Pulparindo (mexican candy made from tamarindo fruit)
 
Yeah, really frackin ridiculous! So hopefully I can at least be an example of what NOT to eat!
 
5. Repeat question: What blog or blog comment stayed with you or stuck with you the most this week and why?


Well Die[t] With Me had an interesting post about using supplements and I actually learned some things reading this....like I had NO idea you aren't supposed to take multivitamins and calcium supplements at the same time of the day because something in the calcium reduces the absorbtion of the multi-v. Yeah and I have been taking these together since surgery! Figures!
 
Weight update: I weighed today and am down to 182.6lbs. Not sure how the H my weight is fluctuating by almost 2lbs each day. Water???? Gotta be.
 
Have a great weekend. My bday is on Sunday! The next time I write a post I will be 24. Woopty doo!

2 comments:

Thanks for the comment! Appreciate it!