Friday, June 18, 2010

Where did BYOC go????

Ok. Maybe I am posting a lil early today but damnit, where is BYOC???? Draz is slacking? I don't believe it for a minute! So I am considering this an "in-between" post. A short response to yesterday's comments and then I will wait for BYOC to arise!

So to answer some of your theories about my fatigue issues.

#1: NOPE, not pregnant! For one, I have PCOS and fertility issues. For two, I have been on birth control pills for like 7 years and unless they all of a sudden stopped working, then this theory is out!

#2: Anemia, well ya know I was told a few years ago by a doctor whom I was seeing for a weight loss program (go figure!) that my iron count was a tad on the low side but not enough to be anemic. He did prescribe me some iron pills to try but I never took any of them because I was worried about iron overdose. I guess anemia is a solid possibility especially now since I am eating less than usual. But it's just funny to me how it has "all of a sudden" become a problem. Like why now??? ya know?

#3: Vitamin Deficiency: This is also a possibility. @Sandy Lee, yes I take my vitamins every single day. I NEVER miss. I am used to this routine thanks to taking my BC for so many years. I take a chewable multivitamin, B12 sublingual liquid, and calcium chews on a daily basis. And I am actually going to buy some flaxseed oil today to start taking daily.

Could it be that I may not be eating enough protein? I mean I eat more meat now than I ever have but it's not very much. I have said it in a previous post that I was vegetarian for over a year a few years ago and I have never been a big "carnivore" hehe. But you would think if I could go over a year with no meat and my main protein source was beans and legumes that it wouldn't be a problem now that I am eating meat. Heck who knows. Last night was better. I stayed up the whole time (no nap time) and I felt fine.

I forgot to mention that my husband is working nights this month so by the time I get off of work and get home he is already gone and the only time we see each other is when he gets home in the morning but I am still sleeping. So by the time I wake up he is already asleep. It absolutely sucks!!! So it could also emotional fatigue because I am very lonely when he works nights. Although this fatigue doesn't seem emotional.
Your guesses are as good as mine, though. If it doesn't improve I will go get some blood work done!

3 comments:

  1. Duuuuddeee - I took the morning off to shop. BYOC is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you do end up being anemic, be careful taking the iron pills, they can wreak havoc on your...ahem....bathroom proceedings :-) when i feel like my iron is too low (yes i can tell lol) i just eat some iron rich foods :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha@Draz! You better get on it Lady!

    @Carmen: Yes I am def aware of that issue. I read all about iron pill several years ago and that is another reason I didn't take them. Wouldn't they have seen iron issues in my blood work I did for the band?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! Appreciate it!